WHAT IS RADON GAS?

Radon is a naturally occurring gas that is the product from the decomposition of Uranium. There is no way to see, taste, or smell it. In high enough levels, it has the capacity to cause significant health concerns. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. If you smoke and your home has high radon levels, you are at a much higher risk of developing lung cancer.
 
Some scientific studies have also been done stating that radon can be more harmful in young children due to the higher respiration rates and rapidly dividing cells.
 
Radon enters the home in many ways. Most commonly it comes through cracks in basement floors. It can be pulled from the dirt under your home from something as simple as a bathroom fan or the vent fan over your stove top. Once a vacuum in your house is created, it is gently pulled into the home raising the radon levels to a potentially
high and dangerous level.
 
We are certified to test and mitigate your home. The EPA standard for safe radon levels is 4.0 Pc/Li in the lowest living level of your home.
 
A free test kit can be picked up from your local Health Department. When we install a mitigation system in your home, we include a free test kit to ensure your system is operating effectively to ensure the radon levels in your home are safe.

radon-enters-home.jpg

we are only a phone call away

(989)-429-3910
CALL US TODAY